Daniel S. Soper, Ph.D.
Interim Associate Dean
Associate Professor of Information Systems and Decision Sciences
California State University, Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831 USA
My CV is available here.
My research interests have evolved steadily throughout my scholarly career. The areas in which I am currently interested include:
- Cognitive biases and mental models in the context of human interactions with technology
- Teaching computers to understand written text in the same way that humans do
- The design and evaluation of metaheuristic search algorithms that can find near-optimal solutions in high-dimension decision spaces
Although I have taught a wide variety of courses throughout my scholarly career, my current teaching interests lie in the following areas:
- Data science (primarily using Python)
- Information systems design and development
- Database design, management, and optimization
- Software engineering and programming